Tuesday, January 11, 2022

 


Hello again, friends!

Happy New Year to you all! It has been a while since I posted anything on here. I had a wonderful holiday with my family. I hope you all did as well. 

Today's creation is a celebration card using a new technique! I learned this technique from @Mindmypaper on Instagram. Go check out her page! 

I started this card by creating the background. I used watercolor paper and plastic wrap! This is a technique I hadn't tried before. I used my gansai tambi watercolors to create a light wash on the paper. I swiped my brush over some plastic wrap before placing it wet side down on my paper. I scrunched up the plastic wrap a bit and left it to dry. 

The rest of the card was super simple. I die cut the world celebration 2x in white and glued them together. The shadow layer was die cut in black cardstock. I glued my background onto a black card base, glued on the word and then added sequins. The hardest part of making this card was picking which sequins I wanted on it! You can see my top 3 choices laid out on my desk. Which ones would you have chosen? I ultimately went with the clear sequins. They helped to bring focus to the background instead of distracting from it.



 I love techniques that allow you to do something quickly and then come back to see results. Don't get me wrong, time consuming cards are always amazing and definitely worth the effort, but that much time is not always available. It's nice to have techniques that allow for quick and easy cards. I made several backgrounds at the same time so I can put together a few other quick cards later on. 

I hope you enjoyed this card, and I hope you have a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...