Wednesday, November 3, 2021

 




Happy November, Everyone!
 
     Now I know most people are getting started on their holiday cards, but I'm still gushing over fall. I love the leaves as they change color and hearing them crunch under your feet. I'm just not ready for holiday cards yet!

  This card was created to play with a few of the leaves I made using a leaf stencil from Photoplay. 
Back on World Cardmaking Day, I won a giveaway from Photoplay, and these leaf stencils were a part of the prize! 

I haven't had much time to craft lately with a teething 11 month old and rambunctious 4 year old, but I was able to practice some ink blending with distress inks and these leaves are the result. 

You will definitely be seeing more of these leaves! I made a few sheets of different color combinations and cut them all out to use later. The stencil comes with 2 pieces. One piece is for the leaves and the other is decorative leaf veins. I used the 2nd stencil to dab some Versamark ink onto the leaves before adding embossing powder.

I struggled quite a bit with the end result of this card. I'm still not entirely happy with the leaf placement, but after fussing with it for far too long, I decided to just stick them where they were. Sometimes you just have to make it work and move on! What projects have you struggled with lately? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...