Monday, January 31, 2022

Paper Crafters Unite Against Racism

 

Hello everyone,

I recently participated in the Paper Crafters Unite against Racism Instagram hop and thought I'd share the card I created here on my blog as well. 

The Instagram hop aimed to bring awareness to anti-racism efforts and stand in solidarity with all marginalized groups. It was inspiring to see all of the different styles and themes created by each card maker. The designs were all executed beautifully! You can still check out all of the designs and messages from each hop by searching #papercraftersuniteagainstracism. 

I started my card by creating a watercolor background. I made two and decided to go with the stripes of different skin tones. 


The theme I chose for my card was "good trouble". It was a term often used by Congressman John Lewis. He always encouraged getting into what he called good trouble, which means to challenge systems that are not working to represent all people. I would like to encourage all of you to figure out what good trouble means to you and go make some good and necessary trouble. 


I was initially going to use larger block letters, but ended up using the punched out letters instead. They seemed to go better with the background. I then stamped some hands from the Hero Arts handmade happiness stamp set. Lastly, I placed the panel on a card base and added sequins. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...