Saturday, October 23, 2021

 

Hello Everyone!

Today's card was my experiment with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. Gansai Tambi is traditional Japanese watercolor. They are more opaque and sometimes use different binders than western watercolors, so I wanted to get some practice in and see if I like this type of watercolor. 

I started by painting the owl. 




It was quite relaxing to work with these paints. I'm excited to continue practicing with them. 
Once I finished with the owl, I set it aside to dry and painted some watercolor paper in oranges and browns. I then die cut the gears out of the watercolor paper.



I decided to add some black watercolor and splatter it with gold to give more of a rusty gear effect. I've also read that adding a bit of cinnamon can help with a rust effect, though I did not use that method this time. 





I splattered the background and added my owl, gears and sentiments! I used an acrylic block to make sure the word awesome stuck down properly. The gold behind the word awesome was painted with watercolor. It shows up a bit brighter in pictures than it is in real life. I definitely have a few changes I would have made on this card, but it helped me to practice with my watercolor and play a bit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...