Tuesday, October 12, 2021

 


Greetings crafty folks,

Halloween is quickly approaching, and I'm not the least bit ready. What about you? In this house, we haven't even decided on costumes. I made this glow in the dark Halloween card to help us get in the spirit. My kids loved seeing this shaker glow in the dark! Here's how I put this card together:

I started out by making the shaker. I die cut 7 pumpkins out of white cardstock and 1 pumpkin in purple. I glued all of the white pumpkins together and let them dry. I also cut down a piece of acetate and glued it to the purple pumpkin piece. This is the top of the shaker. 


While I let the shaker pieces dry, I glued orange and green strips to my card base. I die cut these with a Lawn Fawn Simple Stripes background die. The pumpkin is also from Lawn Fawn. 


Once everything was dry I put the shaker together. I initially glued some green paper to the back, but decided, it looked batter in all purple and glue the inner parts of the purple pumpkin to the inside of the shaker. Then I added some glow in the dark crystals and black sequins. 





I love how the shaker turned out all on its own. This could be used as a tag or interactive Halloween decoration. I made my shaker separately, but you can always just glue the stacked pumpkins directly to the card base and add your sequins before putting the top pumpkin layer on.

After finishing the shaker, all I had to do was glue it to the card base, stamp the card, and add a few more black sequins. I used my Hero Arts Celebrate everyday set to stamp Happy Halloween.

I had so much fun making this card, and it was really cool to see it glow in the dark. This card was definitely a family favorite! Check out that glow! I hope you all have a wonderful week and have time to get crafty. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...