Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Hello Bees!


 Hello fellow crafters and critters. Today's card was inspired by Jester from Critical Role. For those of you who don't know, Critical Role is a show with voice actors who play Dungeons & Dragons. This card references one of my favorite moments with the characters Jester and Cadeuceus. 

I started by watercoloring a panel in pink and blue. When it was dry, I splattered the watercolor paper with indigo watercolor. I used Kuretake gansai tambi watercolors.


When the panel was dry, I cut it down to about 4 /8 x 5 3/8 with my A2 layers dies from Waffleflower. The next part of this card was the most challenging. I wanted to have Jesters horns on this card so I had to figure out a way to get that shape. I had never made tiefling horns before, so it took a few tries! 

I accomplished making the horns by cutting a small circle out of a larger circle that was slightly scalloped. I used my small scissors to cut the pointed tip of the horn. To make them curve a bit I followed the lines from the scalloped edged on my scoring board with my bone folder. I was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out. 

Jester has metal caps on her horns, but I didn't have any silver embossing powder or nuvo drops, so I substituted ivory nuvo drops. It worked out well, and I love the shine it gives. This was my first time using nuvo drops!

 
I die cut the word hello in black and yellow. I used to yellow to create a shadow effect. A few layers of hello die cut in white are also glued together for some dimension. The horns were then glued to hello so I could put it on the card as one layer. 

I used the Lawn Fawn little fireflies set to create bees. All it took was to create some lines by coloring black and yellow onto the firefly stamps. I then added a little stinger with my micron pen. I think these bees are too cute! I made quite a few extras so you'll be seeing them in another card. I love that a set of fireflies can be used as bees. Versatility is always a plus with stamp sets. 


After coloring the bees, all I had left to do was assemble. I originally intended for the pink to be at the bottom. I accidentally glued the horns on before I noticed, but I actually think I like it better this way. I hope this card brought you some inspiration for card making. Have a lovely day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...