Wednesday, October 6, 2021

World Cardmaking Day

 


Hello fellow crafters and paper enthusiasts,

Today’s card was my world cardmaking day creation. Were you all able to get some crafting done on WCD? I created this card to welcome the beginning of October. I love the eerie, spooky fun of October. I’m definitely partial to corn mazes and a walk on a foggy October night vs going to a haunted house. I enjoyed creating this card and was excited to try making a card with no stamps.  




I started by die cutting a pumpkin frame. I cut this out 3 times and glued them together to get a bit of dimension. I then added a some detail to the leaf and the stem for the pumpkin. 


I stamped the inner pieces of the pumpkin, added a bit of brown ink around the edges, and glued it all together. I think that little bit of brown ink helped to give the pumpkin a more grungy look. I cut up some craft moss to help with the eerie look as well. Moss always makes me think of grave stones for some reason.



I die cut the letters, and then tried to decide on the look. I was initially going to add the letters to the moss, but I thought it might be a bit too wobbly, so I added them to the pumpkin instead. I had trouble deciding between purple and gold for the embossing on the word fun. Which color would you have chosen? I thought the gold looked best with the browns and greens in the card. I would have chosen purple if I'd gone for a more traditional black and orange for Halloween. I thought this card would land somewhere between fall and Halloween.

Once I had everything adhered, I felt like the card didn't look dirty enough so I added some splatter. I still feel like I could have done more to achieve a creepier look, but I love how this turned out! What do you think? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Monthly Hero

   Hello crafty friends!   I received my first ever My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero arts this month, and I have been having so much fun with i...